This is a year-long mentorship program pairing journalism students with professionals in the media industry based on areas of interest to offer students a breakthrough into the industry as well as develop their career network in Uganda. MMP provides a structured setting to develop beneficial one-on-one relationships between media students and media professionals. From the immense experiences of media professionals, we believe that students will find a friend and a guide to introduce them to the real media world in Uganda. Students face challenges of finding proper mentoring networks into the job market and we solve this by providing a launch pad for the next generation journalists and by formalizing their relationship with media professionals and role models.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Conduct a baseline survey to find out who/what students consider to be a good media mentor.
2. The program is need driven (Students must express the need for a mentor)
3. Identify media professionals who are willing to provide voluntary mentorship
4. Develop their profiles
5. Ask interested students to apply for a mentor
6. Match the mentor and mentee based on area of interest